- Support for Lemmy 0.19
- Lots and lots of refactoring cleaning up technical debt
- Added "Account settings" to replace "Lemmy Settings"
- This new section syncs up with your Lemmy account
- A few things will need updating such as your nsfw setting and sort
- Any action that fail now alerts the user via notification
- Show / hide NSFW has been moved to Settings > Account settings (this now respects your account choice)
- Sort has been moved to Settings > Account settings (this also now respects your account choice)
- Removed "mark posts as read" and "remember across devices" as Lemmy does this automatically
Github issues closed
- Tasker Integration: Action Configuration Broken & No Post Syncing #350
- User domain not shown in posts for accounts with a custom name #118
- Portrait 2 columns layout bug #11
- Unsubscribe action fails silently #151
- S4L doesn't expose Bot account preferences #173
- Show NSFW content doesn't sync with Hide NSFW Posts #170
- Show scores doesn't sync with account setting #171
- Disabling "mark posts as read" does not work #356
- Show Read Posts not synced with Hide Read #174
- Default sort settings not shared with web app #163
- Show Profile Pictures doesn't sync with Show Avatars #172
- S4L doesn't pull/ignores web settings #70
- Crash when Biometric account lock is enabled #110
- Fixed a crash when searching within messages
- Fixed a crash in the in-built webview
- Fixed a crash when sharing posts
- Added a fix for HTML chars in the summarizer
- androidx.annotation:annotation > 1.7.0
- com.android.tools.build:gradle > 8.2.0-beta04
- com.google.gms:google-services > 4.4.0
- androidx.core:core-ktx > 1.12.0
Modlog and reports are top of my list.
These threads used to be really useful back on Reddit.
I'm currently finishing off full app translations for the next release along with lots of the usual bug fixes.
What should I prioritise next?
Please note this is just a beta and there are going to be bugs, but it works and it works nicely. Have fun.
Has anyone experienced crashing on startup? it crashes almost instantly after I use biometric login.
My client version is v23.11.29-22:27.
Doesn't seem to be saving despite turning it off and hitting save. I get a toast which says submitting and saving. But when I go back to the setting it's enabled again.
Also to add, the setting stays turned off until I open up a post. Then when I go back the setting is turned back on.
I've been using Sync successfully for months now. Today I tried to post and it said I need to log in. I have tried a dozen times and it keeps throwing errors. I verified that I can log in on the mobile website. Logging in to lemmy.world through sync works fine. Any ideas?
Tapping the search icon at the top of the app should obviously be a content search, as we have a separate button for community exploration. But they both seem to do the same thing. How do we search for threads or comments?
It would do in one click what otherwise takes four. Especially handy for uploading a screenshot.
Hi, I haven't been able to login to SDF for a couple of weeks now using sync. It used to work, and I can login to the SDF lemmy instance with a browser.
Hey [email protected] or any other mod/dev/anybody.
Is Sync still a thing? I saw you haven't commented on lemmy for 2 months now. There are no updates here or on the Play Store. Lemmy v0.19 is rapidly coming with breaking changes. Are you prepared for that?
Thanks in the name of the community!
Every time I post a comment, invariably within a few seconds I read over it real quick and realize I should add a word or change something. Every damn time. No more ninja editing for me. Everyone can see how I overthink everything now. It's no longer a secret.
When I click on a post's ... Menu and then on the user's ... And select block, when I go under my settings and look at blocked users, nothing is there.
When I use the search bar it searches everything, across all instances, and there is no obvious way to narrow results. Apologies if I'm stupidly missing something!
Dear fucking God holy fuck.
There are many communities here with some portion of interesting link/text posts which are also plagued by useless unfunny memes. With Reddit you could filter by domain because shitty meme posts will be from i.reddit.com or v.reddit.com. That trick doesn't work for Lemmy.
Sync can tell when a post is an image, obviously. Can it please filter them out? I'll pay an extra $99 for this.
I've experienced it today where the app doesn't show the comment if I click one of my own comments or the reply to it. It shows the parent comment and other comments in the submission.
I've checked the modlog for the community and neither comment has been removed, so it looks like it's a bug with the app?
I have the setting that marks a post read when scrolling. Now I want to automatically hide read posts so I don't see the same content. Is this possible in Sync?
Will there be a means to view the Mod Log and list of instances that you are federated with?
If I block a community, just for example - say I wanted to block [email protected]. Would I use "filter" or "block?" I am having a hard time discerning the two.
I get that blocking something like lemmy.world would block the users comments and such as well.
I know theres sorta the ability to do this with swipe actions, but Id like the option to mark posts as read in the same line as the upvote/downvote/save/hide. It just would be a lot simpler especially when its things where from the title you can get the gist,.but you dont want to completely hide the article.
In short, I want the ability to hide news and political stories temporarily, much like you might hide nsfw articles temporarily when at work. Id like to be able to maintain all my previously made filters and communities, and still be able to scroll through "all", but just temporarily hide the news and such, just to get a break from it.
The only option i can think of is to make a second account that has those communities banned, but that wont keep my other filters synced, such as if I have blocked a new nsfw community on one account, it wont sync to the other. Id prefer it to stay on the one account. Currently I mainly broswe through Sync for Lemmy. If there was a feature to turn on a temporary filter list, much like hiding nsfw content temporarily, this would be great
During the past week, Sync would say that I was logged out and needed to be logged in. However, I appeared to still be logged in. Since I kept receiving the error messages, I logged out of my account and attempted to log back in. Now I get a login error and can't login. I know it's not a password issue, because I logged out and logged back in via a web browser. Anyone have a solution?
[BUG] Sync crashes when tapping the top right 3 dot button or sorting button.
Scenario (steps to reproduce)**
- Tapping top right actions crashes to the home screen.
Result(s) Sample results
Sync version: v23.09.13-18:19 Sync flavor: googlePlay View type: List Device: husky Model: Google Pixel 8 Pro Android: 14
Sync version: v23.09.13-18:19 Sync flavor: googlePlay Ultra user: false View type: List Device: husky Model: Google Pixel 8 Pro Android: 14
Sync for Lemmy
Welcome to Sync for Lemmy!
Welcome to the official Sync for Lemmy community.
The rules for posting and commenting, besides the rules defined here for lemmy.world, are as follows:
1- No advertising or spam.
All types of advertising and spam are restricted in this community.
Artwork and community banner by: @[email protected]